John W. Jeffries
John W. Jeffries is dean emeritus of arts, humanities, and social sciences as well as a professor emeritus of history at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. Recipient of campus and system-wide teaching awards, he is the author of books and articles on the politics and policy of the Franklin D. Roosevelt era and on the World War II home front, including most recently A Third Term for FDR: The Election of 1940 (2017). He is also the editor of the 1929–1945 volume of the Encyclopedia of American History (revised edition, 2010).
- Elections in the Franklin D. Roosevelt Era
- Great Depression and the New Deal
- The Domestic Impact of World War II
- The Surprising Candidacies of Donald Trump and Wendell Willkie, and the Changes in American Politics since 1940 *
- Was World War II the "Good War"?
Lectures marked with a * are offered as part of the OAH's initiative, Historians' Perspectives on the Rise of Donald Trump.