Charles F. Bryan Jr.
Charles Bryan is president emeritus of the Virginia Historical Society. With Nelson Lankford, he coedited Eye of the Storm, A Civil War Odyssey (2000) and a follow-up volume, Images from the Storm (2001), based on the diary of Union soldier Robert K. Sneden. He is past president of the American Association for State and Local History and serves on the board of the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History. He is a frequent consultant and speaker at museums and historical societies throughout the United States.
- Books That Changed the Course of American History
- George Washington, the Model Citizen Soldier
- Has America Lost Its National Memory?
- How A Community Lost Its Historic Soul: A Personal Experience
- Lee and Grant
- Separation and Divorce: The Case of West Virginia vs. Virginia