Michael B. Stoff
A historian of the modern United States, Michael B. Stoff is the director of the nationally acclaimed Plan II Honors Program at the University of Texas. He is the author of Oil, War, and American Security (1980) and a coauthor of Experience History: Interpreting America’s Past (8th edition, 2014) as well as high school and middle school textbooks. A series coeditor of Oxford New Narratives in American History, he is also a coeditor of The Manhattan Project: A Documentary Introduction to the Atomic Age (1991) and is currently working on a book on the bombing of Nagasaki. He has received numerous teaching awards, including the 2012 Regents’ Outstanding Teaching Award, the first system-wide teaching award ever offered by the University of Texas Regents.
- The Wizard of Oz: A Parable of Populism
- Narrative History: Putting the Story Back into History
- Picturing Destruction: Yosuke Yamahata in the Atomic Wasteland of Nagasaki
- Presidential Leadership in Modern America
- Public Education In America: Where We Have Been and Where We Should Go