Robert F. Jefferson Jr.
Robert F. Jefferson Jr. directs the Africana studies program at the University of New Mexico. He is the author of Fighting for Hope: African American Troops of the 93rd Infantry Division in World War II and Postwar America (2008) and is currently writing “The Color of Disability: Vasco De Gama Hale and Twentieth-Century America.”
- African American Military Poets and World War II
- Black Disabled Ex-GIs and the Struggle for Civil Rights in the 1950s
- Black World War II Veterans and the African Independence Movements of the 1950s
- Blinded Black World War II Veterans and the Rehabilitation Politics of the 1940s
- Cadre Trailblazers: The Integrated Officer Training Schools of World War II