Stephen R. Ortiz
Stephen R. Ortiz is an associate professor of history at Binghamton University, State University of New York. He teaches and lectures broadly on the political, military, cultural, and diplomatic history of the twentieth-century United States. He is the author of Beyond the Bonus March and GI Bill: How Veteran Politics Shaped the New Deal Era (2010) and the editor of Veterans' Policies, Veterans' Politics: New Perspectives on Veterans in the Modern United States (2012). He is currently working on a monograph entitled "Comrades in Arms: Veterans Organizations and the Politics of National Security in the American Century."
Click here for more information about Stephen R. Ortiz.
- Veterans in American Politics
- The Legacies of World War I
- The G.I. Bill and its Legacy
- Huey Long, Father Coughlin, FDR, and the Election of 1936
- The Bonus March and its Legacies
- Veterans and Peace Activism in the Modern United States
- Veteran Organizations and the Politics of National Security