Executive Board Action Items - Fall 2016 Meeting
At its fall 2016 meeting, held October 29 -30 in Chicago, the OAH Executive Board took the following actions:
- Approved sending a letter addressing concern over labor issues at the Renaissance Hotel in Long Beach, California. [This was in response to a request from the Oral History Association which met at this hotel and was concerned about the labor issues at this facility]
- Approved the audit for Fiscal Year 2016 as presented by Crowe Horwath. The OAH received an unqualified or "clean" opinion.
- Adopted a report on Dual Enrollment and agreed to prepare a statement endorsing the AHA statement with certain additions pertinent to the teaching of history.
- Accepted the Committee on Committee appointments as presented, including the addition of a 10th international member to the Membership Committee.
- Commended those who gave at least one OAH lecture this past year and give special recognition to those who gave two OAH lectures.
- Determined the recipients of the Friend of History Award and the Distinguished Service Award.
- Changed the expiration date of nominations for the Friend of History Award and the Distinguished Service Award to three years.
- Appointed a committee to address fundraising, criteria of requests, and distribution of travel funds to non-tenure track faculty, community college faculty, and K-12 faculty who serve on an OAH service or award committee so that can attend committee meetings held at the OAH Annual Meeting. For the 2016 OAH Annual Meeting, Executive Board members agreed to forego travel funds paid to them so part-time/adjunct professors serving on a committee can receive up to $500 in travel funds.
Posted: February 24, 2017
Tagged: News of the Organization