Omohundro Institute Annual Conference
The 22nd annual conference of the Omohundro Institute for Early American History and Culture (OIEAHC) will be held at Worcester, Massachusetts, on June 23-26, 2016. Hosted by Worcester Polytechnic Institute and the American Antiquarian Society, the conference's twin themes will be "Native American Transformations" and "Early America at Work."
The preliminary program is now available on line; a number of sessions feature topics of interest to business historians, including:
- Session 3: "The Visual Culture of Advertising: Benevolence and Business in Early America"
- Session 4: "Native American Material Histories: New Approaches to Creating, Consuming, and Collecting"
- Session 12: "Slavery Afloat and Ashore"
- Session 15: "Work and Worship: Religion and the Early American Economy"
- Session 25: "Deception in Early America"
For the complete program and information on registration and accommodations, please see the Conference website.
Posted: May 12, 2016
Tagged: Meetings, Conferences, Symposia