U.S. Catholic Historian Issue on Athletics
U.S. Catholic Historian
Future Issue: Athletics
For thirty-five years the U.S. Catholic Historian has published theme-based issues relevant to the history of American Catholicism. An upcoming issue will address the theme of athletics. Contributions could include, but are not limited to, studies of the following:
• Historical studies of U.S. Catholic participation, ownership, or coaching of athletics, including professional and collegiate levels, etc.
• Biographical studies of Catholic athletes.
• Athletics at Catholic colleges and universities.
• Role of American Catholic ethnics in the development of sports.
• Catholic contributions to the "muscular Christianity" movement.
• Athletics at parish and diocesan level, i.e. Catholic Youth Organization teams and leagues and parish-based sports/recreation centers.
• U.S. Catholic involvement in the Olympics.
Scholars considering a submission are asked to contact the editor, Fr. David Endres at DEndres@Athenaeum.edu before preparing a contribution. Approximate length is 7,000-10,000 words. We ask for submissions by November 1, 2017 and look forward to hearing from potential contributors.
For More Information: http://cuapress.cua.edu/journals/usch.cfm
Posted: November 21, 2016
Tagged: Calls for Papers