Actions of the OAH Executive Board, Fall 2019
OAH Executive Board Actions:
1. Approved all committee appointments made by the Committee on Committees.
2. Commended all 2018-2019 OAH Distinguished Lecturers.
3. The accounting firm Crowe, LLC, presented the audit for the OAH fiscal year ending June 30, 2019. The firm issued a "clean opinion" indicating that the financial statements of the organization fairly present the financial position of the organization.
4. Approved that the number of appointed members of the Committee on NPS Collaboration be increased from 5 to 6.
5. Recommends that the Committee on Committees encourage inclusion of NTT faculty members on all committees and functions, and that all committees should consider ways to increase participation of this group and to generate suggestions on how to do so.
6. The OAH sexual harassment policy was discussed and edits were suggested. After the board meeting, the edits were made and the board approved unanimously via email on December 23, 2019, a sexual harassment policy for the OAH.
7. Approved nominees for Distinguished Service Award and Friend of History Award (recipients will be announced at the 2019 OAH Annual Meeting).
8. Approved a proposal to purchase the Higher Logic system for the OAH [Note: Higher Logic is a member engagement platform].
9. Approved a line of credit $27,000 be established at BMO Harris Bank.
10. Approved the Committee on Academic Freedom’s statement on guns in the classroom with suggested edits as OAH policy.
11. At this meeting, a new strategic plan was presented. The OAH Executive Board members made suggestions, and it was decided that edits would be made to the document and brought back to the April 2020 board meeting for approval.