Actions of the OAH Executive Board, Spring 2014
At its spring 2014 meeting held at the Hilton Atlanta on April 10, the OAH Executive Board took the following actions:
- Approved the minutes of its November 16-17, 2013 meeting and reaffirmed the electronic vote of March 4, 2014 approving the new OAH publication, The American Historian.
- Approved the publication of The American Historian for a three-year term with an annual review of its finances and content. The new quarterly publication will be sent to all OAH members beginning with its inaugural issue in August 2014 .
- Approved the terms of the proposed five-year contract renewal with Oxford University Press which begins in 2015.
- Approved the budget for fiscal year 2015 with projected revenues of $3,021,208, expenses of $3,000,740, and a projected net surplus of $24,756.
- Approved granting travel funds for the 2015 OAH Annual Meeting to graduate students and recent PhDs in American history from the new President's Travel Fund.
- Created the Excellence in History in the National Park Service Award.
- Amended the language in the OAH Standards for Part-Time, Adjunct and Contingent Faculty to include non-teaching faculty, as proposed by the Committee on Part-Time, Adjunct and Contingent Employment.