Actions of the OAH Executive Board, Spring 2022
OAH Executive Board Actions:
During their meeting on Thursday, March 31, at the OAH Conference on American History in Boston, Massachusetts, the Executive Board took the following actions:
1. Approved Minutes from the Executive Board Meeting held December 2, 2021, on Zoom.
2. Approved the renaming of the Civil War and Reconstruction Prize to the W.E.B. Du Bois-John Hope Franklin Prize once the fundraising for the prize fund has been completed. The name change is in recognition of distinguished scholars who represent the origins and growth of a burgeoning body of scholarship that has transformed our understanding of the Civil War, Reconstructions, and American History more generally.
3. Approved the merging of the OAH Committee on the Status of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) Historians and Histories and the John D’Emilio LGBTQ Dissertation Award Committee.
4. Approved the proposal to expand the scope of the Richard W. Leopold Prize. In addition to books, prize eligibility will now include other forms of historical scholarship and documentation, including exhibitions and digital history projects.
5. Approved the creation of new membership categories: High School/Undergraduate; Sustaining; Small Departments; History Organizations; and Early Career.
6. Approved a membership dues increase, which will go into effect July 1, 2022.
7. Approved the budget for FY 2023.
8. Approved a withdrawal of $25,000 from the Fund for American History to support the new American History Forum.
9. Approved the 2022 – 2025 Strategic Plan for Fundraising and Development.
10. Approved the 990 – Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax for year 2020.