SUBMISSION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 31, 2023
Pending funding, a limited number of Japanese Association for American Studies (JAAS) travel grants are available for Japanese graduate students to attend the OAH Conference on American History in New Orleans, LA, April 11-14, 2024.
Applications should be emailed to Please send the application to [email protected] with the subject line “Application for 2024 OAH travel grant.” Applications will be accepted from December 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022.
To apply, applicants must:
1. Be a member of the Japanese Association of American Studies (JAAS).
2. Be born or raised in Japan, or otherwise have substantial ties with Japan.
3. Be a student registered in a degree program at a US graduate school.
4. Live in United States at the time of application.
5. Commit to attending the entire OAH conference and submitting a report in English.
Application must include name, affiliation, years at a US graduate program, fields of specialization, Japanese colleges and universities you have attended (if any), and whether you have received a travel grant offered by the JAAS for an OAH or JAAS conference in the past. If you have, please also note when and whether you have presented at that time. Please also note if you are scheduled to present at the OAH Conference on American History in 2024.