Other Employment Resource Sites
The OAH Career Center is the premier electronic recruitment resource for the American history profession. Both employers and recruiters can access the most qualified talent pool with relevant work experience to fulfill staffing needs. The Center is open to members and non-member alike and lists available jobs and internships.
- Job ads from the American Historical Association. Job seekers must either join the AHA or set up an account on the site to view the job listings.
- The job posting site for the National Council on Public History.
- The career site for the American Alliance of Museums (formerly the American Association of Museums)
- This is part of the Society of History in the Federal Government's site. Although it does not list job openings in the government, this directory lists all the federal agencies that employ historians. On the same site, there is also a listing of internships available in the federal government - http://shfg.org/shfg/programs/internships.
- The job site for the American Association for State and Local History
- The online career center for the Society of American Archivists
- American Library Association online job list
- The National Trust for Historic Preservation's job site.
- Information about working for the National Park Service. NPS jobs are not listed on this site, but with the official U.S. government job site which lists all jobs available with the federal government.
- The job board for the Chronicle of Higher Education which lists primarily jobs in academia, as well as administrative jobs.
- Lists job postings from the Chronicle of Philanthropy which includes primarily jobs in higher education (administrative and fundraising) in the nonprofit sector.
- Job listings for The Nonprofit Times which lists primarily jobs in the nonprofit sector.
- Career center for the American Society of Association Executives. This job board lists mostly executive jobs in associations and nonprofit organizations.
- Inside Higher Education has a career center that includes advice on mentoring, job hunting tips, résumé and letter writing, etc.
- This site lists all types of summer internships in the U.S. It also provides information on the difference between and internship and a paid job, how to prepare a résumé for an internship, how to interview and apply for an internship, and how to prepare for an internship.
- Sponsored by the Woodrow Wilson Fellowship Foundation, this site lists fellowships available in higher education and teaching through the Foundation, which was set up to meet the need for college teachers.