CFP: The Association for Gravestone Studies 2020 Annual Conference
The Association for Gravestone Studies, established in 1976, is pleased to announce the 2020 annual conference will be in Austin, Texas, at St. Edward's University, June 23–28, 2020.
It also invites paper, panel, and hands-on session proposals for the meeting. Topics include all aspects of the study of gravestones, cemeteries, or closely related fields including but not limited to:
- Gravestone iconography, typography, material, form, and style analyses
- Carver, sculptor, and monument company studies
- Social, economic, vernacular, and popular culture topics
- Gravestones and cemeteries as resources for genealogy and local history
- Conservation and preservation techniques and approaches
- Cemetery management and legal issues
- Remote sensing, mapping, and aerial photography
- Funerary and burial materials and practices
- Interpretive and educational programming.
We particularly welcome submissions from researchers and practitioners from outside the United States.
Applicants should submit a 400-word abstract of the proposed presentation, and a 250-word CV summary for each presenter. Proposals are due March 1, 2020, either by mail to AGS, 278 Main Street, Suite 209, Greenfield, MA 01301 or by email to AGSConfProposals@gmail.com. Selected presenters will be notified by Friday, March 27, 2020. For additional information about the conference or AGS, visit our website here>>
Posted: February 11, 2020
Tagged: Calls for Papers