Opportunities for Historians
Awards and Prizes
Library Company of Philadelphia First Biennial Innovation Award
DEADLINE: August 2, 2019
The Library Company of Philadelphia is delighted to welcome applications for its first biennial Innovation Award. The Innovation Award will recognize a project—digital or analog—that critically and creatively expands the possibilities of humanistic scholarship.
Proposals will be evaluated by a committee of leaders in higher education, research libraries, and cultural heritage institutions who will evaluate how proposed projects make scholarly work new again. That scholarly work might take the form of an article, chapter, academic monograph, scholarly edition, or other project, in either print or digital form. “Innovation” will be defined broadly, and may include refashioning scholarly work with new partners, for new audiences, or into new forms.
The recipient of the Innovation Award will receive a $2,000 prize, a spotlight interview in our “Talking in the Library” podcast, and recognition at the 288th Annual Dinner of the Library Company of Philadelphia (October 29, 2019).
We welcome proposals from applicants in all fields and at all career stages, including graduate students, junior and senior faculty, as well as independent scholars. Visit the Innovation Award webpage for complete details.
Submissions are due by August 1, 2019.
Posted: May 8, 2019
Tagged: Awards and Prizes
Upcoming Nineteenth Century Studies Association Deadlines
DEADLINE: January 15, 2020
NCSA has several upcoming deadlines for awards and prizes, including the following:
- Emerging Scholars Award, due July 1, 2019 to Diana Polley: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NCSA Article Prize, due July 1, 2019 to Christine Roth: email@example.com
- International Travel Award, due December 1st to the conference organizers: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Travel Grant and Scheuerle-Zatlin International Travel Grant, both due December 1st to the conference organizers: email@example.com
- NCSA Faculty Development Travel Award, due January 15th to the conference organizers: firstname.lastname@example.org