David C. Engerman
David C. Engerman is professor of history at Yale University. He is the author of two books on American ideas about Russia: the prizewinning Modernization from the Other Shore: American Intellectuals and the Romance of Russian Development (2003) and Know Your Enemy: The Rise and Fall of America's Soviet Experts (2009). He has edited two volumes on modernization and development programs in the Third World and recently completed an international history of Cold War development, The Price of Aid: The Economic Cold War in India (2018).
- Decolonization and the Cold War
- Echoes of the Cold War in Twenty-First Century America
- The Cold War as a Global Conflict
- The Radical 1950s: Seeds of the Sixties in the Conformist Fifties
- The United States and Russia, 1917–2017: From Lenin to Trump *
- Universities and the Cold War
- Development as History
Lectures marked with a * are offered as part of the OAH's initiative, Historians' Perspectives on the Rise of Donald Trump.