Please note: You must be registered for the 2021 OAH Annual Meeting | Virtual Conference on American History to gain access to the conference platform. If you have not yet registered you can register here. If you have trouble accessing the conference please call our office 812 855 7311 (8 am - 5 pm ET) or email email@example.com
To access the virtual conference, go to: https://www.virtualeventplace.com/2021oahannualmeeting
You cannot access the conference from the OAH User Portal.
1. Click the LOGIN button in the top right of the page.
2. On the Login for Existing Users tab enter your email address and login with this password: OAH2021! Note: Please make sure to enter the email with which you registered for the conference
(Do not log in with your OAH membership credentials)
3. When you first log-in, you will be prompted to change your password.
4. Once you change your password, in the upper right, click on ‘My Virtual Events.'
5. Then click on:2021 OAH Annual Meeting, this will bring you to the lobby of the event.
There are four main sections of the platform:
Lobby – here you can chat with fellow attendees or find your way to other areas of the virtual platform.
Auditorium – here is where you will find all the sessions, their titles, descriptions, and presenters. Just prior to a session starting, you will see a button that says ‘Attend Webcast’ which will open up a new window for the session. If you missed a session or want to go back and view it again, you can also access the webcast videos on-demand which become available in the days following the original time.
Networking Lounges – this is another great place to chat with your fellow attendees, either as a large group, or 1:1
Exhibit Halls – explore all the exhibitors and their booths in the exhibit halls. You can watch videos that they have provided, download informational materials, and chat directly to someone from their company*.
*during hours designated by the individuals of the specific booths.
How to use the chat function:
Chat is available in each area of the event, as well as each exhibitor booth. You can chat to everyone in the room using text, or have private one-on-one text, audio, or video chat!
Here’s how it works:
- Chat to all - use the text bar at the bottom of the chat window to type a message. Simply hit send and your message will be public and visible to all. TIP: To tag someone in your message simply use the @ symbol to search for their name. The chat will automatically populate names of those who are in the same chat.
- Private text chat (1:1) - To have a private text conversation select the person you would like to chat with from the right-hand side of the screen. When you click their name a private message window will pop up. From here you can engage by text, audio, or video.
- Audio & Video calls: To make a 1:1 audio or video call follow the steps above to pull up who you would like to connect with. Once you are in your private chat window you will be able to see a phone icon (voice only) and a video camera icon (video call). Click on the corresponding icon to initiate your call. TIP: Use the group or private text chat to confirm someone has time and is ready to connect by phone or video.
Logging into the event Ahead of Time:
We recommend that you log in 24 hours before & look around the site ahead of the event starting. This will help you familiarize yourself with the different areas and help you get more comfortable before you are hopping on to join a webcast.
*If you are not already logged in, you will want to log in with your login information provided above.
Where to go for help:
In the upper right corner of the platform, click on Helpdesk. There, you can find many frequently asked questions, as well as the contact phone number and email for support. Additionally, there is a chat box in the lower right corner of the platform that you can use during normal show hours for any additional issues you may have.