Step by Step Login Information
1. Go to the home page here
2. Click the "Login" button on the main navigation bar of the website
3. Enter the email address with which you registered for the conference in the "Sign In" pop-up box which appears.
4. If you are registered for the event, you should see a success message and also recieve an email with a login link to the website.
Note: Please check the spam/junk folder in your email account if you see the success message but don’t see the email in your main inbox folder.
If you encounter issues in step 3 please cick the "Having Toruble?" button in the "Sign In" box
5. Click on the login link in the email to complete the login process.
Please note: some email providers may block the login link due to the length of the link. If you do not receive the email please click "Having Trouble" as noted in step 4.
Once you click the link you will be directed back to the original webpage with access to all the session. You will stay logged in throughout the conference unless you change devices or clear your browser cookies.
A special note for speakers:
- Attendees and Speakers log into the system in the same way. As speakers you will have special permissions related to your session allowing you to log into your session on the presentation side.
- On your session page, please click the option to “Join Meeting as Co-Host”
- Speakers should join their session 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time
- Please use the same email you use for the OAH User Portal. This will be the email with assigned special permissions.
Will I have to sign into the system this way each time?
No, once you click the link in your email you will stay logged in throughout the conference unless you change devices or clear your browser cookies.
Can we contact the OAH office if we have trouble accessing the site?
OAH staff will not be able to help access the site. Please contact Openwater (the platform provider) by either:
- Clicking on the "Having Trouble?" link shown in step 3.
- Clicking "Need Help?" at the top of the main page and identifying your role..
What platform will the conference be held in?
The conference is being managed by Openwater. Openwater uses Zoom as their session platform. Please make sure you have the latest Zoom client downloaded to take part.
I am a speaker and cannot see the "Join Meeting as a Co-Host" button. Help!
You are likely trying to log in with an email that is different from what we have on file. If you are not yet logged in, please do so. If you need help, click the "Need Help" button at the top of the screen. If you are logged in please click the chat widget on the bottom right of the screen. Someone from Openwater will let you into the room.
I am a speaker, will I be able to share screens?
Openwater uses the Zoom platform. So you will be able to use all the features available to Zoom.
When can I access the the pre-circulated and on-demand sessions?
The system will be open to registered attendees beginning on March 21. This will give you time to view the pre-circulated sessions before joining th elive discussions.
I can't find the videos for on-demand sessions or past live sessions--what is going on?
All live sessions except the pre-circulated session discussions and "The Personal, the Professional, and the Pandemic" will be recorded and posted within 48 hours. Some on-demand sessions and all in-person recorded sessions will be posted after the close of the live conference. Please note: due to the amount of in-person session recordings it can take up to two weeks to edit and render the videos on the platform.
What is the difference between "Live Sessions," "Pre-circulated sessions," On-demand Sessions," and "In-person sessions?"
- LIve Sessions: These sessions are presented live during their scheduled time. All live sessions will be recorded and posted to the platform following, unless otherwise noted.
- Pre-circulated Sessions: These include a pre-recorded and live component. The pre-recorded presentation portion is posted on the platform before the scheduled live discussion. Attendees are encouraged to watch the sessions ahead of time and then meet with participants for lively discussion and Q&A. The discussions occur in an open Zoom room and are not recorded.
- On-demand Sessions: These are either new additions or sessions that converted from the in-person conference. Most on-demand session videos will be available before the scheduled live conference.
- In-person Sessions: These are recordings of sessions that took place at the 2022 OAH Conference on American History in Boston. These videos will be available within two weeks after the in-person conference.