Join or renew your membership in the OAH today and enjoy:
- Up-to-date scholarship and teaching techniques through subscriptions to The Journal of American History, The American Historian, Recent Scholarship Online, and Process, the OAH’s blog;
- Inexpensive access to scholarly library resources for individual research through JSTOR and J-PASS;
- Employment help through Career COACH and Career Center;
- Personal networking through the OAH Online Member Directory;
- Discounts both to professional benefits (such as discount subscriptions to the Chronicle of Higher Education and discounts on books and online resources from Routledge Publishing and Oxford University Press and to personal benefits such as discounts to Historic Hotels of America members and Colonial Williamsburg admission; and
- Access to a wide variety of insurance products (professional liability, term life, automobile, disability, medical and identity theft protection).
The OAH Committee on Part-Time, Adjunct and Contingent Employment addresses the interests of adjunct historians.
The committee monitors employment conditions and professional opportunities, recommends programs, services and best employment practices, and advocates for non-tenure-track members of the history profession. If you are interested in helping the committee to pursue its mission, please contact Kara Hamm at the OAH ([email protected]) to learn more about it.
Other resources available from OAH for non-tenured faculty: