Statements of Interest
If you would like to respond to an open call for a Principal Investigator (PI) on an OAH/NPS collaborative research project, please submit a statement of interest and project proposal to the OAH Public History Department at email@example.com. These should be submitted as a single PDF via email, and must include:
- Complete contact information for the PI and any additional members of the project team.
- Project Methodology
- Summary of approach to the scope of work
- Proposed chapter topics/themes
- Preliminary research outline, including potential repositories and resources that could be consulted
- Estimated project schedule, including as much specificity as possible in producing project deliverables by proposed dates. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, access to NPS resources may be limited during the early stages of new OAH-NPS projects, and in the event of travel restrictions or prolonged unavailability of resources, the total length of projects beginning in 2020 may be extended.
- Qualifications and attached CV for the principal investigator and any additional members of the project team.
Please note the specific deadlines for proposals listed on the active project information pages.
In coordination with National Park Service representatives, proposals will be evaluated based on:
- Experience and qualification of the PI and other project team members.
- Methodology for completing the project and achieving the desired outcomes within the stated timeframe and budget.
Equal weight will be given to each element. The selected project PI is expected to be a member of the OAH in good standing. Please note the expected timeline for the proposal evaluation process, including the selection of a PI, on the active project information page.
Paul J. Zwirecki, Ph.D.
Director of Public History Programs
Organization of American Historians
112 N. Bryan Avenue, Bloomington, IN 47408