Statements of Interest
If you would like to respond to an open call for a Principal Investigator (PI) on an OAH/NPS collaborative research project, please submit a statement of interest and project proposal to the OAH Public History Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. These should be submitted as a single PDF via email, and must include:
- Complete contact information for the PI and any additional members of the project team.
- Project Methodology
- Summary of approach to the scope of work
- Proposed chapter topics/themes.
- Preliminary research outline, including potential repositories and resources that could be consulted.
- Estimated project schedule, including as much specificity as possible in producing project deliverables.
- Qualifications and attached CV for the principal investigator and any additional members of the project team.
Please note the specific deadlines for proposals listed on the active project information pages.
In coordination with National Park Service representatives, proposals will be evaluated based on:
- Experience and qualification of the PI and other project team members.
- Methodology for completing the project and achieving the desired outcomes within the stated timeframe and budget.
Equal weight will be given to each element.
Paul J. Zwirecki, Ph.D.
Director of Public History Programs
Organization of American Historians
112 N. Bryan Avenue, Bloomington, IN 47408